Help with identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with identification.

Given by a neighbor and as a lifelong aviation enthusiast trying to find out who what and when on this prop.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

If it's manufactured by Sensenich it's probably listed here, but I think there may be some overlap with other manufacturers, as the numbers just describe the diameter and pitch and sometimes the engine. It likely had decals at one point, but they've been removed.

You won't find a specific plane it was used on, nor can you even be sure which of those models listed might have used it, just like a model tire model could fit a number of different cars.

Comment

Completely understand. Thank you.
      I'm a retired general aviation parts salesman and know that sometimes serial numbers can lead you to the original application, but I have no knowledge of the "Golden Years", so to speak.
      Thanks again!

Comment

That serial number dates it between 1932 and 1942, when they started using letter prefixes.

Comment

Take a look at this list: https://www.univair.com/content/Sens...tions-1955.pdf
          Page 4 lists the design number of this propeller as applicable to the Rearwin 175 using a 75hp Continental engine, which just places it within the timeframe suggested by the serial number of your example.

Comment

Excellent work!

Comment

Working...
            X