Sensenich Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich Propeller

I have an old Sensenich wooden propeller I'm interested in selling. Based on the research I've done so far it appears to a "72CK-42" serial number "R0051". That would seem to indicate a manufacturing date 7/1952- 5/1948? Attached are a few photos. 6' long. If any one has an interest or can tell me more about it, let me know. Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

If you look at this page, you will see that there are a number of possibilities for the aircraft it could have been fitted to, all with the Continental A65 engine.
    http://www.woodenpropeller.com/MWPSensenich.html

Comment

Thanks. Very interesting. Hoping to sell it. I’m Located on the east end of Long Island

Comment

Keep in mind that it's an extremely common model and not particularly collectible in that respect, and I think it's been "restored" at one point, which significantly reduces its value. It likely would have had Sensenich decals on the blades when it came from the factory, which can add significantly to value if they are original.

I have two of them, but they are airworthy and used on my Piper J3 Cub. It's unlikely that this one would be deemed airworthy by a qualified mechanic.

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Your assessment seems about right. It hung in my father’s house for many years. He was a WWII pilot and then flew for PanAm for 37 years. I think he got it from a friend. No decals on it. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post and helping me learn a bit more about it.

Comment

Working...
          X