Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to identify a Sensenich prop -

the only thing i have is the stamp #'s on the back 87242 and 306
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

That's not enough to identify it. You can narrow down the possibilities if you post its length from tip to tip.

(Sensenich started manufacturing in 1932, so I've moved this to the "Modern" category.)

Comment

It measures 86 inches also has a inspected and approved NO.2 on the front of the prop

Comment

Originally posted by bstrizki View Post
        It measures 86 inches also has a inspected and approved NO.2 on the front of the prop
        Well, that length doesn't narrow it down a lot, but if you go to this page look for the "86" prefix on the model numbers and you'll see a lot of possibilities, most of which are for various models of Fairchild aircraft. Without the specific model number stamped on it though, you won't know the specific aircraft or engine. There were several hub sizes, either 5 1/4" or 6 3/16" bolt circle diameters and either 3/8" or 7/16" bolt holes, so if you measure those it can narrow it down a little further.

If that's a serial number (and I suspect it is) then it was manufactured between 1932 and 1942.

Can you post a picture of the entire propeller?

Comment

Here are a few more photos
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

It's a nice looking prop in great condition. I love the old Lititz style decals. I'm not sure when they stopped using those. I'm surprised to see an inspection stamp and not have the model number stamped on it.

Comment

Working...
            X