Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Prop ID please

Hello All,
    I have two propellers that have no number stamps and no stickers on them.
    A. is 8' 6" long, counter clockwise rotation, 7" hub diameter and 10" blade width
    B. is 68" long, clockwise rotation, 5 1/2" hub and 6" blade width (maybe from a Tiger Moth)

Can anyone help me out/
    Regards,
    Christopher

A.
    IMG_1737.jpgA.jpg

B.
    . B.jpgIMG_1742.jpg

Frankly, it's essentially impossible to identify a wooden propeller by looks alone. There are thousands of variants and many of them look the same. Any accurate ID can only be made by design numbers and/or other stamped info.

Comment

Thanks very much. The larger prop is unusual in its tip design ….appears very old. I’m still looking at old aircraft photos trying to find a match.

Thanks for your input,

Christopher

Comment

The general shape is very similar to a Regy propeller, but even that doesn't narrow it down, because Regy designed a lot of similar looking props for a variety of different aircraft.

The variations in diameter and pitch are not detectable by looking at photos. I'm wondering if the design number has been sanded off in the past.

Comment

Yes the Regy photo is a very similar prop. The one edge has a noticeable curve to it unlike my prop.

thanks for this info

Comment

Working...
          X