Help Identify 4 blade wooden WW2 HP1080LH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify 4 blade wooden WW2 HP1080LH

need help identify HP1080LH other number 1831 navy? 4 blade pusher prop? experimental? crossed Atlantic? 4 planes?
    see photos Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Yes, it's a Navy prop likely from the teens or twenties for one of the flying boats using a pusher engine, probably a Liberty based on the hub appearance.

Comment

Thanks, I can not find any photos of 4 blade all seem to be 2 blade

Comment

There were lots of them manufactured, although they were more common in Europe. Quite a few were produce as 2-bladed props with notched hubs that locked together to make it 4-bladed.

Attached Files

Comment

Found this Liberty logo when showing a friend the proppler. http://www.woodenpropeller.com/HartzellLibertySC.html says only four models can you clarify witch this one maybe?
          background that is hard to validate is WW2 vet Chief Master Sargent Teslik when placed in his care. is from the first flight crossing the Atlantic Group of planes.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by RalphM View Post
            Found this Liberty logo when showing a friend the proppler. http://www.woodenpropeller.com/HartzellLibertySC.html says only four models can you clarify witch this one maybe?
            I don't know the aircraft it was made for, but the decal does date it from 1917 or 1918 I believe.

I've come to discount some of these hearsay descriptions of history unless they are well supported with some kind of documentation. Some are plausible, but some are completely impossible, despite the conviction of the person that it's all true.

Comment

Working...
            X