Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to identify wooden propeller

Hello propeller hive-mind!

I recently acquired a propeller and I need help identifying it. I want to know if it is authentic and was originally used as a propeller or it is a propeller build as a decorative piece.

It measures 2,80 m and it has some markings on the hub (FOKKER D 7? and SE 6(or G?)A underneath the SE6 it has some numbers which I believe are 1 2 2, but not sure) (see photo's)

It has been used (originally or rebuild?) as a decorative piece and it has a clock mounted in the hub.

If you need any further information, just ask and I will gladly provide you with it.

Thanks already for any information provided!

PS: I want to thank Mr. Bahnson for his help getting me logged in on this forum. He was/is very responsive and helpful, he checked several times his software to find the problem. Now we discovered that the problem was with my BitDefender Security software which blocked the sending of the password over a non-secured connection. I just had to add WoodenPropeller.com as an trusted website and the problem is gone! So thank you very much Mr. Bahnson for all your patience and assistance! (And for other newcomers to this website, this info can help preventing the same issue)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Forum members,

Some further information that may help to identify my propeller.

I looked very closely to the blades (front and back) but I couldn't find any stamps on the blades.

The only markings I found on the hub are (FOKKER D 7 and SE 6(or G?)A), after examining these closer it could be that the S is an 8 and the 6 could be a G or a C... they are hard to see/read. So it could be SE6 or SEG or SEC or 8E6 or 8EG or 8EC...

I took the measurements as suggested, I used the "Measurement of Hub Dimensions" chart as found on this website as a guide.

G - Hub thickness : 140 mm or 5,512 inch
    B - Center bore diameter : 75 mm or 2,953 inch
    C - Bolt hole circle : 150 mm or or 5,906 inch
    E - number of bolt holes : 8
    F - Bolt hole diameter : 13 mm or 0,512 inch

Hopes this gives some additional information to identify the propeller and the airplane it has been used for!

Thanks already for your help!
    Last edited by Danny Peeters; 03-13-2023, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not sure the hub dimensions on that chart will help. It lists primarily allied aircraft, although there is one BMW hub listed. Your propeller was probably a Mercedes or BMW engine so it might match the Mercedes. It doesn't look like it matches the BMW.

Comment

Working...
      X