Help with Hartzell propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Hartzell propeller

Hello, new guy here. I have always wanted a propeller to hang on the wall, I just like the looks of old wooden propellers. That being said, I know absolutely nothing about them. I picked one up yesterday finally that I really like the looks of but would really like to have some information on it before I hang it on the wall just to have a little knowledge of it in the event a visitor would ask questions about it. Here are the markings on it, I would appreciate any and all information that can be given to me.

Design A707\80 (90)
    SR. NO. 30988
    ENGINE R 755 \ 7
    AIRPLANE AT \ 17
    HARTZELL

It was manufactured for the Cessna AT17 Bobcat by a number of different manufacturers in large numbers. With the introduction of variable pitch propellers for that engine the wooden propellers made for it became largely obsolete and were sold off as surplus, many of them never even being mounted on an aircraft.

You'll find the model number listed on this page.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
      It was manufactured for the Cessna AT17 Bobcat by a number of different manufacturers in large numbers. With the introduction of variable pitch propellers for that engine the wooden propellers made for it became largely obsolete and were sold off as surplus, many of them never even being mounted on an aircraft.

You'll find the model number listed on this page.
      Thank you for this. Is there anything that I should do to it before hanging like some type of conditioner or oil to put on it?

Comment

See this link. Bob Gardner is no longer able to post here, but he has written 10 excellent volumes about them and I take his advice very seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
          See this link. Bob Gardner is no longer able to post here, but he has written 10 excellent volumes about them and I take his advice very seriously.
          Thank you, very informative!

Comment

Working...
          X