Identify my prop - Friedkin Aeronautics, Inc. Propeller Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify my prop - Friedkin Aeronautics, Inc. Propeller Service

I am looking for any historical information possible on the prop that I have, a value would be great too. Grateful for any help.
    Who made it? What airplane did it fly on? What year it was made?

This prop was dug out of a hanger mezzanine in the 60s. at Lindbergh Field, San Diego CA. It looks as though it may be custom by or for Friedkin Aeronautics, Inc. Propeller Service

It's approximately 76" long.

It has a number near the center - 1 - P7279 - 2

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

I've never heard of the company, and the name doesn't appear on the lists of manufacturers that I have, so my first thought is that it was manufactured by a certificated manufacturer and subsequently overhauled by Friedkin. The "1" and "2" are blade numbers, so the "P7279" could be a model number. Is it 72" long? If so, are you sure the number after "72" is actually a 7?

Comment

Thanks for the response. I do think the number is a "7" since it looks list like the other number which is clearly a 7.
      Do you have any idea what the value may be?

Comment

Originally posted by CaleYarborough View Post
        Thanks for the response. I do think the number is a "7" since it looks list like the other number which is clearly a 7.
        Do you have any idea what the value may be?
        Value is generally about half of the asking prices on eBay for a prop similar to yours, but it's hard to find exact comparibles. Search ebay for "wooden propeller" (singular) and then click on "Completed Items" in the drop down menu on the left.

Some of those with ridiculous asking prices have been listed for months on end.

Comment

Working...
        X