Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cobra 54x29 with red tips. ID and potential value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra 54x29 with red tips. ID and potential value?

Gotta love that there's literally a forum for everything out there! Hoping some experts here could help me learn a little more about this propeller and it's potential value. It's 54" long. The only markings on it are COBRA 54 X 29. One tip is cracked as shown in the photos. Thank you!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

The small dimensions and four bolt hub are characteristic of an ultralight application. Possibly the word “COBRA” refers not to the manufacturer but to the propeller being intended for use on an Advanced Aviation Cobra, an ultralight aircraft of the 1980’s.
    As regards value, the damage to the tip would render your propeller unairworthy and relatively recent ultralight propellers are not generally regarded as having great historical value. Therefore the price that this item might command is likely to be limited to what someone would be prepared to pay for a “man cave” decoration. I have seen such items for sale in the U.K. at around the ?200 mark but could not say whether they actually sold for that price.

Comment

I agree.

I think the value is in the "very low" category, and $200 might be quite optimistic.

Comment

Thanks for the the replies! Any other insight out there?

Comment

Working...
        X