Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flottorp Wooden Propeller Value

Hi,

Trying to help my Mom out to find the value for this wooden Flottorp propeller. Looks like the number on the hub is MKII 318. Any help would be really appreciate. Thanks!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

That number doesn't match anything on a rather extensive list of Flottorp props, which makes it a little harder to sell. It's good that it hasn't been "restored" and it's good that it comes with the metal hub. I would expect something in the $600 to $800 range, but that's just a guess based on many years of collecting. Prices have varied considerably in the last five or ten years.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Hi, I have the propeller and found a couple of other markings, pictures attached. Please let me know if this provides any other information. Thanks!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Yes, you'll find that model number towards the bottom of this list. The 81 is the length of the propeller in inches and the pitch is 53", but the Type Certificate (#384) allows a pitch from 39" to 53". That type certificate expired in 1948, so all models were manufactured before that.

Be sure to leave it in its present condition. If you try to "restore" it the value goes way down.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X