Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to identify propeller

Hi ,

This propeller is available for sale in Norway.( It's not listed in the british propeller list )
    DRG Z57041
    D 5.5
    P 4.29
    8 7972

Could it be for a Miles type ?
    Rgds Terje (Norway)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

On this list it would likely be a Robinson Redwing, assuming that the drawing number is Z5701 and that 41 represents the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
      On this list it would likely be a Robinson Redwing, assuming that the drawing number is Z5701 and that 41 represents the pitch.
      Thanks a lot for your input. I saw that one in the list. However, the pich is as I wrote 4.29 . Only 12 Robinson Redwings built - if one of these props exists in Norway it would be strange and great at the same time.

Comment

I think it may be for a Miles Gemini.

I found some archive pages on the web comprising airworthiness bulletins dating from 1953, issued by the Air Registration Board (forerunner of the present Civil Aviation Authority).
        The link is here (but be prepared to scroll through a lot of irrelevant stuff): https://archive.org/stream/ARBNotice...01953_djvu.txt
        There is a reference to a propeller, drawing number Z5704, listed as applicable to the Gemini.
        Diameter is the same at 5.5 but pitch is stated as 4.78.
        This makes me think that the drawing number on your propeller is actually Z5704/1, the “/1” suffix possibly denoting an alternative pitch on basically the same propeller.

It is apparent that list of British propeller drawing numbers, though an extremely useful resource, does not cover every propeller.
        Last edited by Mtskull; 11-26-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X