Propeller identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller identification

I have an old wooden propeller, it measures 94" long. It is stamped on the hub and blades "D-707" and "1142". There are no decals present. I've attached three pictures, the front, which was unfortunately varnished at some point, and the back, which is covered with some sort of substance-not stain, which I think it may have covered the entire propeller at one point which is why someone decided to clean and varnish the front.
    I'm wondering if anyone can identify this propeller with the information provided. I am also wondering if there are any suggestions as to how to gently get this beautiful object back to its' more original condition. The attached photos show front, back, and detail of the back. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Fahlin propellers were stamped with the "D" prefix, and there were several "D" models with suffixes in the 700s but D-707 is not listed.

When there has been a previous attempt at "restoration" I think it's best to leave it as is. It will never be original again, so if you want to do anything to it, my suggestion is a high quality shellac, which gives it a finished look and can be removed with alcohol

Comment

Thank you for this information and advice on cleaning!

Comment

Working...
      X