Help with ID - Flottorp? 72" Wooden Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ID - Flottorp? 72" Wooden Propeller

Hey everyone, this has been hanging on my dads wall for years now. He is curious to what it is from and what it is worth. Best we could tell it is a Flottorp Wooden Propeller. Length is 72".
    Line 1: 18900 C
    Line 2: DES 36 A40
    Line 3: Max 2650
    Line 4: HB or HP 75

Its fairly hard to make out the numbers but after looking at it the past hour that's the best we could make out.

Thanks in advance!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

Look at this page. It could have been designed for anyone of the "36A40" models, the suffix referring to either a Continental, Franklin, or Lycoming engine. Unless there is a stamped suffix of C, F, or L on the prop you can't tell which one. Obviously, there were lots of aircraft models that used that 40 HP engine.

Any display propeller with intact decals is worth considerably more than one that has been refinished, so if you want to preserve its value leave the entire prop in its original condition. Asking prices on eBay have become ridiculous, but I would expect this one to sell for something in the $500 to $700 range, but that's a sometimes wildly fluctuating range.

Comment

Yeah he definitely wants to keep in the original condition. Thank you for the information. I will let him know.

Comment

Working...
      X