No announcement yet.

44 Inch Wood Propeller with damager sticker, zip code in Santa Ana CA, 92704

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44 Inch Wood Propeller with damager sticker, zip code in Santa Ana CA, 92704

I purchased a 44" long wood propeller as a wall decoration. It has a yellow sticker on it for identification, but unfortunately most of the sticker is damaged and missing.

You can read "CA 92704", and it looks like it says Santa Ana before that, which matches that zip code. You can also see "2020 So", but the next part of that is missing. Due to the repairs on the white paint and some other damage and wear on it, I don't think that 2020 is a year of manufacture. I would expect this is older than that. You can see part of the logo that looks like it probably said something Inc., but I can't tell what it should say. There are some others number cut off at the bottom, maybe a serial number or something.

I have attached a few photos, including the sticker. I would just like to find out anything about what kind of vehicle this propeller is from, who made it, anything at all, because I don't know much about it right now.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

It doesn't look like a certificated prop, i.e. used on a certificated airplane, but it might be designed for ultralight or other usage. I don't recognize the decal remnants at all.

It's also possible that the tips were cut down due to damage to one of them. You can usually tell that from a photo looking at the tip from the end, i.e. looking "down" the entire length of the blades.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
      It doesn't look like a certificated prop, i.e. used on a certificated airplane, but it might be designed for ultralight or other usage. I don't recognize the decal remnants at all.

It's also possible that the tips were cut down due to damage to one of them. You can usually tell that from a photo looking at the tip from the end, i.e. looking "down" the entire length of the blades.
      Thank you for the info. I added a couple of photos taken down the length of the prop from each end. I also discovered some numbers scratched into one side of the center hub. The top line says either 137B or 1738, and the bottom line says 44-25. I'm not sure if those numbers mean anything of interest. I would guess the 44 refers to the length of 44 inches.

Thanks again for the help!
      Attached Files

Comment

2020 is the street number then. Just need to find a list of street names in the 92704 district of Santa Ana beginning with so...
        There’s South Susan St, for starters....

Comment

Originally posted by Mtskull View Post
          2020 is the street number then. Just need to find a list of street names in the 92704 district of Santa Ana beginning with so...
          There’s South Susan St, for starters....
          You're probably right, thanks for that suggestion! That's a good place for me to start looking, since just searching for propellers in Santa Ana didn't help in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmreeper View Post

Thank you for the info. I added a couple of photos taken down the length of the prop from each end. I also discovered some numbers scratched into one side of the center hub. The top line says either 137B or 1738, and the bottom line says 44-25. I'm not sure if those numbers mean anything of interest. I would guess the 44 refers to the length of 44 inches.

Thanks again for the help!
            By "scratched in" do you mean it appears someone carved out the numbers (vs. stamped on)? The 44 would typically refer to the diameter (44 inches) and the 24 would refer to pitch. The tips do appear to me to have been cut down from an original taper and length.

Comment

By "scratched in" do you mean it appears someone carved out the numbers (vs. stamped on)? The 44 would typically refer to the diameter (44 inches) and the 24 would refer to pitch. The tips do appear to me to have been cut down from an original taper and length.
              It looks like they have been scratched or carved into it. Also, the address Mtskull gave me has yielded some results! 2020 S. Susan in Santa Ana, CA shows a history of two different business names related to Propellers. It sounds like they sold propellers for ultralights and airboats, so at this point I am guessing this was made for something like an ultralight. I attached photos of the business names I found with that address. One was in an advertisement for Information-Props, Inc. The other was from a website listing some information for a company founded at that address in 1979, with the name "Black Hawk Propellers Inc."

Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate any logos for them to see if they match my damaged sticker. I bet it is one of those companies that made it though. It bothers me that it kind of looks like the company name on the label is short and starts with a T, but maybe they had another different company name at one time.

Thanks again to you guys for the help.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Grimmreeper; 04-23-2021, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I mean that it looks to have been carved in there by hand. Also, I made another post, but I'm waiting for it to be approved because I tried to edit it too many times apparently. Thanks!

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth, it appears as if it could easily be mistaken for an air boat prop, or possibly a drone prop.

Comment

Working...
                  X