Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darracq hub

Hi,
    Could you please help confirm the ID on this hub. It is stamped DARRACQ LONDON, MONOSOUPAPE, and -possibly- 100HP

It has other very faint making i can't work out, but there appears to be a marking "RE8"

The main, very visible stamp is T 7
    definitely only T7, no other faint numbers there.

from what i have seen, the T is for the RAF factory, but the only 100HP rotary was the FE8

Is there a T7 code listed?

Cheers

Neil

Hi - bit more info
    i've also made out GNOME and the markings are for FE8, so that all ties in
    Still interested in the T7 code if anyone had any info

Comment

Good Morning Neil,

The full data on your prop is;

Drg number T7927
      RAF FE8
      4 blades
      100hp Gnome Monosoupape used in pusher form
      Diameter 2440mm
      Pitch 2330mm
      It was the standard prop for the FE8 in 1917.
      Darracq appear only to have made four bladed props.
      T in the drg no indicates that it was designed in the Royal Aircraft Factory (RAF)

Are there any small squares (tiny squares) visible anywhere, usually in groups of four with AID at the top and a number underneath? These are the air worthiness stamps. If so, could you let me know what these numbers are for my database?

With regards,

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

There are no visible AID boxes - i've been over it very carefully
        A lot of the marking are exceptionally faint, but nothing resembling an AID box

I have a sopwith scout, camel, MF11 that have good markings and AID boxes - would you like the codes off them?

Neil

Comment

I have an FE8 prop, although the drawing number on it is actually T7928, instead of T7927. Here's a picture of it, manufactured by Bennet Co. rather than Darracq.
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by neilDD
            I have a sopwith scout, camel, MF11 that have good markings and AID boxes.
            Neil,

Many thanks.

I would be most grateful for this data. They will help build up my various databases. If it is feasible, could you send photogrpahs of the data and any decals on these props as well? A link to my e-mail address is at the bootom left of this post.

With regards,

Bob
            Bob Gardner

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
              I have an FE8 prop, although the drawing number on it is actually T7928, instead of T7927, manufactured by Bennett & Co. rather than Darracq.
              Dave,

Do I have details of this prop? If not could you send me details of the data and, if possible, photos of the decals and stampings, particularly if there are any of a Davis, Bennett & Co stamp.

With regards,

Bob
              Bob Gardner

Comment

There are no decals, and the Bennett Co. is stamped on the hub. I'll look closely and see if there are any stampings of interest.
                Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave,

When you have a spare moment (an unlikely concept, I know) please send me a photo of the stampings. Are you using the phrase Bennett as a shorthand? The thought occurs that perhaps Davis, Bennett & Co, and Bennett & Co were two different companies.

With regards,

Bob
                  Bob Gardner

Comment

Working...
                  X