Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sopwith Prop ID ?

Morning
    I was lucky enough to pick this prop up at the weekend, fairly cheep, you can see why, but i will restore the centre boss, and give it a very light wax polish. however, the 'Sopwith' type is not clear...........most i can see had 130HP Clerget engines mot 100hp ? any help much apreachated, the chap i bought it from had owned it for 75 years, finding it in a shed at Netheravon camp..........he was told it was from a Sopwith Pup ?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Can you post a close up photo of the decal? Vickers had at least three different variations, Crayford, Weybridge and Wolesly and I think the decal should be one of those. I can't find that drawing number (2465) in any of my listings, however, including a list in Volume 5 of Bob Gardner's collection. Also, I can't find records showing the Pup using a Clerget engine rather than the LeRhone of Gnome engine.

Comment

Hi,

From the decal wording, could it be a test prop?

Regards,PM

Comment

Possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
          Can you post a close up photo of the decal? Vickers had at least three different variations, Crayford, Weybridge and Wolesly and I think the decal should be one of those. I can't find that drawing number (2465) in any of my listings, however, including a list in Volume 5 of Bob Gardner's collection. Also, I can't find records showing the Pup using a Clerget engine rather than the LeRhone of Gnome engine.
          hi this is a photo of the badge

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
          X