Help with ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ID

Hoping to get some info about this propeller I just acquired. Thank you in advance, Joe
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

The "SE" prefix part of the model number refers to "Steam Engineering", a branch of the U.S. Navy responsible for propeller development in the late teens and twenties. The "N" refers to it serial number, 10.0 is the diameter in feet, and "RH" refers to right hand rotation.

Below that the "F 5 L" almost certainly refers to the Felixstowe F5L flying boat. The paint is not original, but it may be covering original fabric.

It looks to me that its the rear surface that's facing the camera. (The front surface is curved and the rear surface is flat.)

Comment

Awesome, thank you. I paid 2k how did I do?

Comment

It depends on how you figure it. See this link. As a collector I wouldn't pay that, but on eBay or some similar venue it might go for more than that. The biggest diminution in value comes from alteration from original. That includes painting, "restoring", cutting out the hub or similar but common practices, none of which can ever be "undone".

Comment

Thank you. I bought it cause I wanted it, not for resale. As long as I am “in the ballpark” for what I paid I’m happy.

Comment

Working...
          X