Propeller identification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller identification help

I recently acquired this propeller. I believe it do be German and from the 30s but this is a complete guess based on the design. Any help identifying it would be great.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

It could even be earlier than the 30s, but it's nearly impossible to identify it. The six hole hub and tiny center bore are unusual, and may represent some form of non-standard aircraft and/or engine (although on close inspection it looks as if maybe the center bore was actually enlarged to insert a wooden plate for a clock).

Comment

Thanks for the info. Would you agree that it's German or am I barking up the wrong tree. Regarding the centre bore size I have cleaned it out and it does seem to be the original bore size as it has the what seems to be the original/ base colour of paint in it.

Comment

On a hunch, I did some searching on the internet and found this. Not a definitive match but there are enough points of similarity, particularly the small centre bore and bolt holes, to suggest a direction for further research.
        https://axis-militaria.com/product/w...08-bu181-rare/

Comment

Thanks for that definitely gives me a direction to investigate when I get some time.

Comment

Working...
          X