Hartzell 92” Wooden Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell 92” Wooden Prop

Hello, I’m looking for a little history, age and background of this Hartzell prop.
    design 836~78(92) serial 17682
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

I've looked through my lists and haven't found that drawing (design) number yet. I have one more place to look when I get home.

Can you take a close-up photo of the decal?

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

So there are only two Hartzell propellers on my listing that are 92" in diameter, model 671 B and 752 F, both of which are listed on this page. I've attached those lists and the hubs are similar but 752 F has a hub thickness of 4 1/4 inch and 671 B is only 4", so you should measure yours accurately to see if that helps.

I do think that 671 B (Fleet 10 biplane) is the more likely choice based purely on odds. The other choice is the Cessna seaplane, but that seems less likely.

If your measurement of 92" from tip to tip is not accurate there are some other possibilities.
        Attached Files

Comment

It is definitely 92” and the hub is 4 1/4” thick

Comment

The info that Hartzell has on this prop says "Kinner R-5 Series 2 160HP - 140 MPH - Timm" They suspect that if came from a N2T Tutor which is powered by a Kinner R-5 engine.
            I am interested in selling this prop. It is in great condition. Please inquire if you or anyone you know is interested.

Comment

My collecting is focused on the WW1 and earlier props, so I'm not personally interested but you might just post in the "Selling" category and link to this thread so you don't need to duplicate things.

Do you have a price? I do have one contact that might be interested.

Comment

Hi kmiller, I may be interested in a purchase of your propeller. I can be reached at msprior02@gmail.com. Thanks, Scott

Comment

Working...
                X