Help identifying early 1900's paragon 104.5" propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying early 1900's paragon 104.5" propeller

I've had this propller in my basement since I was a kid growing up and it has followed me around to the last two houses I've moved to. I have a few old propellers as my grand father was a WW2 pilot and all around aviation enthusiast. I wasn't old enough to ask him the history on this when he passed away. I do know it was refinished when my dad was a kid and has sat ever since.

Any help identifying what it is from would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like kevinMovieSmuggler.

You can't tell from the shape and appearance alone. You'd need to find a model number and/or other identifying information as hundreds of propellers, even in the early 1900s can look almost identical. Are there ANY numbers stamped on the hub or blade?

Having said that, the brass sheathing doesn't look like most of the Paragon propellers that I've seen. How was the manufacturer established??

Comment

If you click the link there should be multiple pictures. I took pictures of the number stamped around the hub but they are kind of hard to make out. I've tried searching different combinations of the numbers but I only get kind of close to a match. The brass parts on the wood have the paragon logo and then "PAT'D MAY 11. 1920 No 1339886"

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

That's weird. The patent shows a totally different sheathing pattern that what's on your prop. 1339886.pdf

Comment

Well I appreciate that pdf, that is more than I found.
            Last edited by Raven2k8; 04-26-2023, 06:37 PM. Reason: I didnt realize the inventor was more than one page and the inventor was "Specer Heath." His signature looked like it started with a K.

Comment

Working...
            X