Propeller tip I'd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller tip I'd?

Hi, I know this is a long shot, but wonder if there is anyone that would be able to provide some info on this query?
    My Grandad was a trained carpenter and was in the RNAS during WW1. He worked at the White City, presumably at the Waring and Gillow furniture factory which had been turned over to munition work. For all my life I remember that he had a propeller tip that he had turned into a vanity mirror, that was mounted on the wall. I've now inherited this, and was wondering if it is possible to tell what engine/aircraft this would have been used on? I think the DH9 may have been built there, but I'm not sure. I've attached a picture of that is of help. Many thanks Row
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to identify it. Even if you found an existing propeller with the exact same profile, it may only be one of several models, and each model might have been used on several different aircraft. The hub is nearly essential for identification and even with stamped numbers an exact usage can't be determined.

Comment

Ah well thank you very much for that. It sort of confirms what I suspected that no is the answer. But in many ways being able to imagine what it might have been is still good.
      thank you

Comment

Working...
      X