Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden propeller

Hi there,

Last week, I bought this propeller. Now, I like to know what type of propeller it is and on what plane it has flown.
    The propeller has 8 bolts and the number “3293” on the back side around the bolts. The seller told me that the date and tag were painted on later. He also told me that it is a Cessna propeller. The propeller is 208 cm long.

Can anyone help me with more information of this propeller?

Regards, Sam
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by samvandoorn; 03-03-2023, 05:07 AM.

There's not much to go on, but the most striking characteristic to me is that it is a left hand thread, which is very unusual for a Cessna and many other aircraft, at least in the U.S. Many British propellers around that size, on the other hand, are left hand thread.

Comment

The left hand thread and diameter of 208 Centimetres correspond with listings that I have for De Havilland DH 80 Fox Moth and DH90 Dragonfly, with Gipsy 1 engines. In the absence of a design/drawing number however there is no way to be certain.
      As Mr Bahnson says, there is not much to go on.
      If any further numbers exist on your propeller, they would most likely be stamped on the top and bottom of the hub (the curved faces).
      Is it possible that they are there, but obscured by paint? If so, a rubbing with soft pencil on thin paper might reveal the propeller’s secrets.
      Last edited by Mtskull; 03-09-2023, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X