Identification Kurt Fliegel ww1/pre ww1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Kurt Fliegel ww1/pre ww1

Propeller has been in my posession for more than 20 years. Before possibly selling it I'd appreciate some additional information about the plane attached to it / history

Found below
    https://www.pennula.de/luftfahrt-ges...42-heft-22.htm

(translated from German) Benz & Cie. supplies aircraft engines to the Prussian War Ministry
    June 1914
    The Prussian War Ministry commissions Benz & Cie. to supply aircraft engines after the production capacities of Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft are insufficient to provide the required numbers. By 1915 the Benz company had produced more than 3,000 of its first six-cylinder aircraft engines alone, the Bz II with 115 hp / 85 kW and the Bz III with 150 hp / 110 kW.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

thanks for supporting

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

It's a nice item, even in rough shape from the ravages of time. I think it will be hard to identify, but there does appear to be a decal on at least one of the blades. Can you get a good close-up of that. It's possible that there may be information in one of Bob Gardner's books, which I have.

Comment

I found one Kurt Fliegel propeller for 110 PS Benz engine in database which was part of one of Bob Gardner's books.
      That propeller has 1500 mm pitch and serial No 3038. The hub has 6 bolt holes. Unfortunately there is no diameter info. That propeller is (or was) in DTMB (Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin).
      Maybe you can ask for more information in Berlin?

Comment

Working...
      X