Early Propeller ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Propeller ID Help

OK there are a lot of folks smarter than me. I'm requesting a little help with a propeller I purchased today to add to my collection. The prop is 102" wide and the center is 15 1/2", 8 bolt holes. No manafacture markings that I can find. Please see pictures.
    Thanks
    DeWitt
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Unfortunately,, without design numbers it's nearly impossible to identify these props. Occasionally, you can narrow it down to a smaller number with just dimensions, but typically you at least need to know the manufacturer to be able to start that process. There are just too many possibilities based on size and appearance only. I don't know why there are not numbers stamped on it, but sometimes that's because it never completed the build/inspection process.

Comment

The history of the propeller is that it was on a airplane that crashed into a tree, plane rebuilt & crashed again. The grandaughter that sold the prop to me is trying to locate a picture of the plane. As far as markings I looked very close and can't find any, there were lables at one time but they are gone now. Thanks for trying.

Comment

Hello, I would appreciate some help identifying my propeller. Here is all the information I can find on it: Right hand, diameter 2.500, pitch 1.450, DR No. 902, 90 HP, Curtiss Lang Propeller No. 253, L.263, AJ Edmonds. Thanks in advance!
        Attached Files

Comment

I may have reference to that drawing number but won't have access to my reference material until this Tuesday.

Comment

I looked through my reference material and couldn't find anything that matched your prop. Lang of America used different identification numbers than the British manufacturers, and all I have are the British numbers, but even looking through those I couldn't find anything that matched the diameter and pitch you listed. I suspect your prop is 1920s manufacture, so you might go to this page, measure the hub dimensions and see if the chart linked to that page matches one of the common engines of that period.

Comment

Working...
            X