Help with ID for Early Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ID for Early Prop

I would like to try to identify this prop. It came from an estate in Belgium, but I believe it may be a German prop. It looks a lot like the Anker and Heine photos on the main website here. It is about 120 inches long from tip to tip. The bolt holes span nine inches. It has no stamps or markings that I can find, but half of the hub is blackened a bit and looks like it may have been exposed to fire or smoke damage at some point. I know the team here probably gets a million questions like this, but thanks for the help in advance!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

German propellers are notoriously hard to identify, even with stamped information which typically only identified the dimensions and the engine, but not an aircraft or even a model number. I agree that it certainly appears to be German manufacture, and possibly a factory reject that never got to the stamping process.d

Keep in mind that there are hundreds of distinctly different props that look a lot like the other props.

Comment

The more I look at it, the more it seems to be an Anker that looks exactly like the one pictured in the example on this website. The length is the same (now that I have measured it more closely) the number of layers of wood are the same, the angled leading edge is the same with a straight trailing edge and the way the blade blends to the hub is also the same. I could be wrong, but I am doing a great job of convincing myself! Ha ha. In the end, it doesn’t matter much I guess. I like it a lot and am looking forward to finding a special spot for it in the house. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X