Wright Flyer Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright Flyer Propeller

I was pleased to find and acquire this c. 1912 Paragon propeller for my collection. It's extremely rare and uniquely constructed to use on the chain drive mechanism of the Wright Flyer aircraft. More detailed info, for those interested.

Wright f.jpg

Wow, what a great find for your collection, there can't be many of these surviving.

Comment

Waouh! What an amazing find! Bravo!

PM (a little envious...)

Comment

Thanks, guys. I went through a lot to acquire it but feel it was all worth it, including this rather elaborate crate to ship it home via FedEx. I even flew across the country just to crate it myself. It seemed too fragile to trust to just anyone.

crate.jpg

Comment

Fair enough!

Comment

Congratulations on acquiring such a rare and beautiful piece. Glad to know that it’s in good hands.

Comment

Not surprised and glad to see this one went to you/a member of the site! I was in the running, but you came out the better man. Leslie was very nice throughout my correspondence with her. I had planned to drive up to pick it up in person, as I too was concerned about shipping. Your crate job came out nice -glad it arrived safe.

Comment

Working...
              X