Requa Gibson propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requa Gibson propeller

I just acquired a Requa Gibson propeller. I cannot figure out how to add photos but here is what the labels says.

"Requa Gibson Company
    225 W 49th Street, New York City
    Prop # 231, Type Reg., Diameter 7, Pitch 4, Rotation R.

Interested in value and whether or not I should try to restore it. In is in good condition. There is about a 12" wide wrap of fabric on each blade. Not sure what that is about but it is brittle. 5 lug hub. Any help or information you can provide would be appreciated.

Dan

Best that you read this: http://www.woodenpropeller.com/forum...ropellers/715-

Comment

Dan,

You can go to the bottom of a reply page and click "Upload Attachments", then browse to the location of photos on your device, select the photos you want then click "Open" to upload them to the reply. You may need to downsize the photos first. I'm at a location where I don't have enough bandwidth to do them for you, but that may change in a few days.

Also see this page for a similar prop in my own collection.

Comment

Thanks. How can I obtain an opinion on value?

Comment

Originally posted by avconnect View Post
          Thanks. How can I obtain an opinion on value?
          There is no good appraisal process for these because there are not enough sales of them to establish relative values. EBay asking prices are completely worthless as a guide, but sometimes looking at "Completed Items" will give you a general idea, but authenticity and condition are HUGE variables.

Comment

Working...
          X