Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad's Old Airplane Propeller

Hi there,
    My Dad Richard is no longer with us, and without him to tell me more about this awesome prop, I writing to you all instead. Please help me learn more about this great piece of history?
    It has some bullet holes in it ( is what i tell myself ) and it has some identifying numbers on it but i can't really make out what they are, stamped into the wood i can see the dimensions say
    8' 1" the rest is pretty ineligible. Anyway, I would love to know more about it, and if you know what i have here please share your knowledge with me ? All the best to you, and many thanks.
    Thomas
    a1selectah@gmail.com
    720-325-6623
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

There are probably dozens of possibilities so the numbers are extremely critical. When you can’t read them it’s often because it’s been sanded in a “restoration” attempt.

Your best bet here is to get some detailed close up photos of the stamped info in hopes that it is a recognizable sequence that we can decipher.

And if it’s any consolation, so many of the stories that go with these have proven absurd that it’s hard to believe any of them.

Comment

THANKS so much for the quick response. I've got a couple of up close shots of the info and hope this helps.

PROP 3.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

THANKS so much for the quick response. I've got a couple of up close shots of the info and hope this helps.

PROP 3.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

I can't find any reference to the number I believe to be "30148" and the other number is almost certainly just its diameter and pitch in inches. Both numbers suggest a U.S. manufactured propeller.

Comment

Ok, I appreciate you having a look, and thank you for your time.

Comment

Working...
            X