Vicker’s Ltd, Crayford 2 blade propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicker’s Ltd, Crayford 2 blade propeller

Hello if anyone could help me with any info and possible valuation would be great. The propeller in image is 8ft 4 inch’s long. The centre part 20cm wide.
    should I been looking anywhere else for possible info on the item? I believe it’s from WW1 and the material is mahogany. It’s a magnificent how there is no warping and it’s so light weight. If anyone could help me many thanks.
    Ben
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

There should definitely be some numbers stamped on the hub, most important is usually the drawing number which is typically a letter or letters followed by three or four digits. There are other abbreviations that should be there as well.

Is that just bubble wrap on the tips?

Comment

Yes it is bubble wrap on the end to protect it, many thanks for your help I will go and check that out and report my findings. I will also take bubble wrap off and take a nice picture.

Comment

It said v.c series on it and other side pitch dia. There is also a 1 and 3 on there
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

I can't make out any detail from the photos above, which seem to be thumbnails. We need good close up views of any and all of the stamped numbers and letters on the hub. For instance, I can barely make out an . . . "SERT" or "SERI" below the faint V.C. (which probably just means "Vickers Crayford"). Without useful stamped information any "info" you get from just appearance or dimensions is just a guess. If you're having trouble with the loading of attachments you could email them to me using dave at woodenpropeller.com and they will forward to my gmail account.

Comment

Working...
          X