Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheetah X propeller. Design No. L.A.591/2

G'day All,
    I have recently purchased a Cheetah X propeller. Design No. L.A.591/2. Research indicate that this type of propeller was fitted to an Airspeed Oxford I, which we had in service with the RAAF as a trainer back in the 1930's. The only history I have on this actual prop is that it has suffered a ground strike on one blade. This happened at Archerfield airport in Brisbane, Australia. As far as I can make out, the condition of the propeller is original from the time it was removed from the aircraft. Weathered and faded from years of standing in a corner of an old shop. I intend to give the mahogany wood a clean, then treatment with beeswax as suggested in another topic in this forum. However I'm also open to other suggestions for the cleaning and treatment of the wood.

hen this propeller will go on display surrounded with memorabilia from my time in the RAAF. A couple of photos are attached showing the condition of the propeller.

Enjoy the festive season and all the best for the new year.

Cheers Nifty
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

It's great to have an item like this that you can relate to personally, and it's nice to preserve it basically in "as found" condition.

Comment

Working...
    X