4 blade prop Hispano Suiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 blade prop Hispano Suiza

Need help for identification. The prop has been bought in the UK and shipped to Switzerland approx. 30 years ago

I would like to know more about the 4 blade prop and thankful for any information.

The following information is written on the prop:

- Length: 236 cm
    - T28090
    - RAF
    - 200 HISPANO SUIZA
    - SE5A
    - PROP NO 21385

Thank you and looking forward with interest to your information.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

That specific drawing number ("T28090") isn't listed in my references, but the prop is stamped with SE5A and the Hisso engine, so you've already got the critical information. Since it's a left hand thread it would have been used with the geared Hisso engine, which reverses the rotation direction. The "T" prefix is consistent with the RAF stamped on the hub.

Comment

Thank you for the information. It would be interesting to know for which airplane it has been used, the age and the value.

Comment

As far as the airplane, it's for an SE5A. It would be extremely rare to have any reference to its use on a particular SE5A and in fact many of these still in existence were never mounted on an aircraft but had been kept as spares before they became obsolete.

I would guess that it was manufactured towards the end of WW1 but perhaps later. Value would depend on whether it's in original condition or has been refinished, and I can't tell from the photos if that's been done. One consideration with selling is that the cost of crating and then shipping a four-blade can be very high.

Comment

Working...
        X