Fahlin for Nicholas Beazley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahlin for Nicholas Beazley

Our museum at Creve Coeur Airport in St. Louis, Missouri had this nice Fahlin Nicholas Beazely prop donated in October. I’m not sure what date NB went out of business but I assume this one could not be later than the mid-1930s. I’m also not clear on when Ole Fahlin started making propellers in Columbia, Missouri.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

This Ole Fahlin prop appears to be a D' 371' 48 that was made in 1938 for the original Luscombe , all metal, high wing models. If you let me know the stamping on the right upper hub it will help. Probably stamped 50 HP and 1900 RPM.

Comment

Here are some photos of the hub information.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Is there such thing as a comprehensive list to de-code the stamping on Fahlin wood props? Or for wood props in general? We have a number of them in our collection that remain a mystery. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Astixjr View Post
          Is there such thing as a comprehensive list to de-code the stamping on Fahlin wood props? Or for wood props in general? We have a number of them in our collection that remain a mystery. Thanks!
          Not really, and I've spent time at the National Air and Space Museum, the Library of Congress, and the National Archives looking to compile just such a list, but all I have is some piecemeal listings. A few years ago Lamar Bevil compiled a list of "modern" propeller listings, which he graciously turned over to me to publish on this site. Go to the bottom of this list to view the listed manufacturers. It's not unusual to find gaps and occasional errors on any of those, but it's fairly comprehensive.

Comment

Working...
          X