No announcement yet.

Selling WW1 Sunbeam Arab 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for info! I’ve had this response from another member! Can I ask your opinion on the N2 stamped on my hub please?
    I don’t know how I missed this before but there’s a big clue to the possible application of your propeller.
    Immediately after the contract number G1485, is a stamping that reads N2.
    The Fairey N2a was a 1917 prototype that was eventually developed into the Fairey lll.
    I have so far found no source other than Wikipedia, which states that one application of the Sunbeam Arab was the Fairey N2a.

Somewhere, I am sure, there will exist a record that will tie in your contract number and design number to a specific type.
    In the meantime, this is the best that we have to go on

Comment

Sorry, I typed a response to that discussion but neglected to click it through. Just back to that other thread.

We may have too many separate threads relating to the same propeller here, but I'm reluctant to combine them all into one.

Comment

In the light of the design number listings, I can only defer to the assessment made by Dave Bahnson. Every day is a school day….

The only thing I can add is that (judging by the numbers of aircraft fitted with the Sunbeam Arab engine) if your propeller was fitted to an aircraft, it is far more likely to have been a Sopwith Cuckoo than anything else.

Comment

Thank you both Mtskull & Dbahnson for all the information you’ve given me with this propeller!

Comment

Working...
          X