Looking for Air Propellors Co. info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Air Propellors Co. info

Roughly 30 years ago I bought a collection of material that came out of Roosevelt Field, LI, NY. It was primarily stationery, business cards & froms from businesses that operated there in the late 30's. There were also a lot of NOS decals from Curtiss-Wright's repair station, Air Associate's & Pester Propeller Service. My reason for posting here is trying to find out more about these two companies. The 1st two photos are from the Air Propellers Co. This company was founded in Hagerstown, MD in 1929. The founder, John Squires, was the head of Kreider-Reisner Aircraft Co. That company was purchased by Sherman Fairchild who started producing their airplanes under the Fairchild name. The Air Prop company appears to have gone out of business in 1935. (Previous research from newspapers.com) I don't remember ever seeing a prop bearing the Air Prop decal! Anyone here seen one? The news clipping from July 1929 Hagerstown Newspaper.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Tom Heitzman
    www.stuffinder.com

I haven't seen one.

I started collecting wooden propellers nearly fifty years ago, but one thing I've learned is that there were a lot of manufacturers that didn't leave much behind, including records. And unfortunately, many decals were removed from propellers as people tried to "restore" them. In that case if the manufacturer was not identified in the stamped information (which was usually the case because the decals were used for that) the source of the propeller remains unknown, and you do see a lot of those "mystery" props that simply can't be traced.

Comment

Working...
    X