OX5 Prop and Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX5 Prop and Hub

I am looking to sell an early prop for an OX5 engine with the hub still installed. I am gonna look closer for markings around the hub. The gentlemen that I got this from said it was made in Long Island. I will take more pictures also. I am located in eastern pa.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

HI, I may be interested in a purchase. Do you have an asking price in mind?
    Thanks, Scott in Virginia

Comment

I was thinking around 2.5k, but if you are the gentleman that is rebuilding a Pitcarin in VA I have another hub and cylinder that are serviceable that have your name on it.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by OSAviation View Post
        I was thinking around 2.5k, but if you are the gentleman that is rebuilding a Pitcarin in VA I have another hub and cylinder that are serviceable that have your name on it.
        I hope you guys work it out so that the prop goes to a collector and the hub goes either to a restoration project or to a collector. The collector wants to keep it in original conditon, but the resotoration people want to make it like new again. Neither concept is wrong but both are irreversible from the other's perspective.

Comment

I will pass, but best of luck with the sale. I am not the Pitcarin guy, but it sounds intriguing.
          Thanks, Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post

I hope you guys work it out so that the prop goes to a collector and the hub goes either to a restoration project or to a collector. The collector wants to keep it in original conditon, but the resotoration people want to make it like new again. Neither concept is wrong but both are irreversible from the other's perspective.
            The restoration is actually an aircraft restoration to flying condition and I have a separate new OX5 hub for that. It was not part of this prop. I do find the prop interesting since they used what looks like fabric on the end sections which I was assuming meant before common metal usage for leading edges. Maybe one of y’all know?

Comment

Originally posted by OSAviation View Post

The restoration is actually an aircraft restoration to flying condition and I have a separate new OX5 hub for that. It was not part of this prop. I do find the prop interesting since they used what looks like fabric on the end sections which I was assuming meant before common metal usage for leading edges. Maybe one of y’all know?
              Sometimes it's fabric, sometimes it's varnish, sometimes it's paint and sometimes it's a combination of either/all of those things. Generally, the only constant in that sequence is that if it did not have metal sheathing then it was not used on a float plane.

Comment

Working...
              X