Hartzell wooden propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell wooden propeller

I've inherited this wooden propeller. I'm not sure what to do with it, it's not really my style and I don't have room for it. It looks like it reads Design 322A SR No 11000 Piqua Ohio it's 6 ft 8 inches and marked Hartzell. The lettering is a little difficult to read on some of it. Do they have any value? If so what is the best way to sell it? If not what is the best way to dispose of it? I appreciate any help anyone has to offer.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

I would just put it on eBay and hope for the best. It's not worth much, as it appears to have been shortened by cutting off the tips (usually because of a ground strike) and it's been "restored", which in itself reduces its value very significantly. It would have been worth more with damaged tips and original finish.

If I were putting it on eBay I would do so with "no reserve", which tends to attract more bidders. Some of the opening bid prices now are downright silly, and those items stay listed for months and never sell.

Comment

For your interest, this page http://www.woodenpropeller.com/MWPHartzell.html lists the Hartzell design number 322A as the application for the Curtiss Robin with OX-5 engine, which would likely date your propeller to late 1920’s/early 1930’s.

Comment

Thank you for your information.

Comment

Working...
        X