1912 Blackburn Monoplane Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1912 Blackburn Monoplane Propeller

Hi, I am looking to sell a propeller from a 1912 Blackburn Monoplane and wondered if anyone would be able to assist with an indication of value.

The propeller was presented to a friend of the family who was a gunner in WW2 by the Shuttleworth Collection some time ago for work he was doing to raise money for the charity.

I also have an article from a local news paper showing the propeller being presented to back up its origin.

I have owned this for the past 15 years and unfortunately don't have anywhere to display this anymore.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Blckbrn4.jpgBlckbrn2.jpgimage_6172.jpgimage_6176.jpg Blckbrn5.jpg
    Attached Files

I "should" be able to offer a valuation on this, since I've been collecting props for forty years and have owned about a hundred of them during that time, but the market is so small that it's nearly impossible to find comparable sales of similar items to use as a basis. I will say that some of the pre-WW1 props don't have the same "glamor" as the WW1 military props, even though they are a few years older and the WW1 aircraft are better known. It seems everyone wants a Sopwith Camel prop, mostly I believe because of Snoopy.

While I've pretty much stopped my collecting (part of estate management, mostly) I do have a friend who has recently begun collecting, and I'll suggest that he contact you directly. He's a captain for American Airlines and has a distinct advantage of being able to travel internationally for free and can easily transport props as luggage to avoid a crating process. So he can pick up an item in person and pay directly in cash.

Comment

Hello Dave,
      I am interested in your propeller. Can you please email me directly? I can travel to you to pick it up if we can make an arrangement.
      Thank you,
      Rhett Taber
      Last edited by Rhett Taber; 02-10-2022, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Wow. This went so fast. Looks like I m already late.

Comment

Working...
        X