Looking for a Hartzell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Hartzell

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Lots of great info. here, btw.

I'm looking for a wooden Hartzell prop for my husband (for a Christmas gift) - he'd like to display it in our office. I'm specifically interested in a Hartzell because I am from Piqua, OH and my great grandfather worked for Hartzell, making wooden props, sometime around 1930. Apparently, he was quite good and was frequently able to salvage others' "mistakes" and save them from being scrapped.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any info. anyone might have regarding any Hartzell props that might be for sale. Thanks!

It's probably more than what you had in mind, but there is a rare one in this group.

The only other suggestion I have is eBay.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. Yes, I was looking for a slightly less rare (and expensive) one. Someone here sold one on eBay a few weeks ago... I'm kicking myself for not having seen it then.

There is one on eBay right now, but the seller won't ship, and it's about 10-12 hours away from me. I might see if I can work something out with the seller, otherwise I guess I'll have to keep watching eBay for another listing.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Jessie,

I presume you mean this one. People are afraid to ship props because of their size, but contact the seller and give him this link from my web site. I suspect you can ship it that distance easily for about $40, and it's not much trouble on his part. You might want to wait until the auction is almost over, as he probably doesn't realize how much he is restricting potential buyers by his pick-up requirement. It could work in your favor in getting a better deal. Incidentally, you can find the design number on Lamar Bevil's site. It's for a WACO, and it would make a nice gift.

Good luck.
        Dave

Comment

That's the one.

Thanks for the link to the shipping instructions - great information, with pictures even! I think this will help.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X