Propeller "Jakob Lohner & Co"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller "Jakob Lohner & Co"

Hello dear collectors community. I would like to introduce myself briefly. I am from Austria and have been collecting German Air Force WW2 for 20 years. Now I have switched my interest to WW1 aviation. As I am still inexperienced in this area, I have many questions in the future and need your help. I have the opportunity to buy a propeller from the "Jacob Lohner & Co" brand. This would be my first propeller in the collection. The item would cost me 5,500 euros. I have already seen some propellers that are much cheaper. Now to my question... why does the propeller have this price and would it be worth this? If so, I assume that it is a rare item? I would be very happy to have your help. Best Regards from Austria Helmut
    Attached Files

I think it's "rare" but that's not necessarily a good thing. I've never heard of the company and I note that Bob Gardner does not reference it in his three volume series on German propellers from WW1. However a quick Google search shows the company as an early (1913) manufacturer of aircraft and aircraft parts, so that part is a plus. Valuation is always hard without comparables, but I would guess that the price you quote is in the ballpark but maybe a little high.

Comment

Hello...thank you very much for your information and help. That really helped me to make a decision. I was also able to find out on the internet that this propeller was mounted for the so-called Austro-Hungarian aircraft (Pfeilflieger Lohner B 2) (see link). Thank you again for your help and effort. Best regards, Helmut
      https://digitaltmuseum.se/0210283733...planspropeller

Comment

Here I found 2 pictures of this aircraft type (Pfeilflieger Lohner B 2) where such propellers are mounted. Best regards Helmut
        Attached Files

Comment

Buy it. If it's overpriced now it should catch up eventually. The research and photos help support that, so it's always a good idea to save that (digitally or otherwise) and keep the documetation with the propeller. It makes a great display if you have to wait for market value to catch up. That's not to say that you can't negotiate a lower price, and you need to factor in the cost of transporting it to your location.

Comment

Working...
          X