Think I have ID. Need help with Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I have ID. Need help with Aircraft

I believe that I have identified this propeller as a Fahlin D-56-742. The information stamped on the prop. is as follows:

FAHLIN
    D56742
    NO. 15433
    RPM 2600
    ATC681
    D56742
    HP 75

The overall length is 69 1/4 inches. There are 6 bolt hols and the shaft hole is 2 1/4 inches.

I was not sure what the ATC681 was for so I googled it and I got a hit to a FAA website that pulled up a PDF that listed
    MODELS: Ryan ST-A Seecial, 1 or 2 PO-CLM

T.C. NUMBER: ATC 681

With an engine listed as a Manasco Pirate C4S.

When you look on the Fahlin website it lists the aircraft as Piper J4E, J5A, J5 or Stinson HW75 both with a Contintal A75 75 hp.

My questions are these ...

1.) What is the meaning of the ATC number stamped on the prop?

2.) Which aircraft most likely did this prop come from?

3.) What material was used as a 'washer' when the prop was bolted to the shaft?

Sorry for the long message and thanks in advance for the help.

The ATC is the Aircraft Type Certificate (although I'm not sure the "A" is aircraft, and sometimes it's just listed as "TC") That type certificate covered at least 19 different models, all of them beginning with D5xx and ranging in length from 60" all the way up to 76" and even using a variety of different engines.

The matching to the Piper J series and the Stinson is the correct one. The Ryan reference is almost certainly from something else.

A steel hub would have been bolted onto the wood, the the hub is attached to the shaft.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks so much for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X