FlÖttorp Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlÖttorp Help.

Hello, i was told this is the place to go for all the info i needed.
    I have a;

( UFS. 75?-46 ) (A2442) think its a 8 or a B after the 75?

6'3" long , condition is fine-no apparent damage, although there is one very small nick on edge.
    what info can you tell me and maybe the Value of propeller? thank you for your time

Probably a Luscombe 8A. See this page from Lamar Bevil's site.

The stampings usually say "DES 75-46", meaning Design number, with 75 being the length in inches and 46 being the pitch in inches.

Those seem to sell on eBay for somewhere between $400 and $800 depending on many factors, so that's just a rough guess.
    Dave

Comment

thanks, i thought it would be more then $75. i'll put it back on ebay for the real price. i was looking at one 8" that started at 75 and at 500 right now.

Comment

If you are referring to this propeller, I personally think that yours is more valuable to a collector. Despite the seller's claim, I think it has been refinished, which lessens its value. Yours, by virtue of still having the decals, is less likely to have been refinished at any point.

(People sometimes forget that an object like this may have been refinished 40 or 50 years ago, so it looks "original".)
        Dave

Comment

I'll put it back on ebay and see. I'll add more pictures and your helpful info. thanks so much.

P.s so the blades from the 30's ? i checked google for the plane and saw 1932's and stuff. and the guy on the fone said WWII

Comment

It won't date before 1937 as that's the year the 8A production was begun.

Lamar

Comment

I am interested in the Flottorp - can you send pictures?
              dwightmag at cableone dot net

Dwight magnuson

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight
                I am interested in the Flottorp - can you send pictures?
                dwightmag at cableone dot net

Dwight magnuson
                Yep got them here, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120233211865
                SOLD

Comment

Working...
                X