Falcon Propellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon Propellers

I’m looking to become the new caretaker of a 1942 Ryan PT-22 and it has a Falcon Propeller installed. I can not find any contact information for the current TC owner. I did down load the type data list from the TCDS page on the FAA site, but all I have for a contact is ASW-190’s phone number.

The propeller is not documented correctly in the aircraft log, but is very near the same design of Sensenich propellers (W90HASP) that are on the Ryan’s TCDS. I have tried to find a STC for the Falcon (D-738B) on the PT-22, but no luck. Final resort will be a field approval if I can not find an STC holder. With a filed approval I will need at least year built and current condition. The attached prop pictures shows a “00-90-78” which I think is year build, diameter and pitch, but I can not find any data that confirms my guess.

Can anyone help with a contact, 337 and/or conformation that "00"= 2000?

Thanks...z
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve Zaat; 11-14-2012, 11:18 AM. Reason: Correction

pictures please!

Perhaps its time to post a few shots of the prop in question, its always a great place to start.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Hicklin
    Seattle Washington
    Attached Files

Comment

Mike Redpath acquired the Fahlin Type Certificates and began producing propellers under the new "Falcon" trademark. (I say "new" because there was a Falcon manufacturing company in Jamestown, NY, in the teens - no relationship.) He would be the one to contact, but I've been having trouble doing so about a completely different issue. I can get you his contact information when I get home (in about a week) but I'm not sure even that will help you get in touch with him. If you want it, please just PM me in about a week.
      Dave

Comment

Wood Props

Well I found the former holder of the Falcon TC; Jim Kimball Enterprises, Inc.

They didn’t make this particular propeller; it apparently was made in 2000, by Mike Redpath, whom I still have been unable to contact.

While completing the compliance checklist for a 337 field approval per AC 43-210 it was apparent that a field approval was not necessary. Note CAR 4a.61 Propellers and CAR 4a.700-708 Performance.

Cheers…z

Comment

Working...
        X