Aircraft or Boat Propeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft or Boat Propeller?

I'm considering buying an "old" prop in an antique shop (for "display") and do not have a photo yet. The designation info. is "72KXL 46 5337". Can anyone tell me if it's an aircraft prop., or an airboat prop? Thanks much! Mc

Any manufacturer name? Either stamped into the wood or on a decal?

Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MWP_Lamar View Post
      Any manufacturer name? Either stamped into the wood or on a decal?

Lamar
      No -- no name shown anywhere. It's 72" in length, has 6 bolt holes in hub, has "72 KXL 5337" stamped on the front and "AB5337" on the rear. Thanks.
      ...and, on edit now, having re-read my reply I (finally) note that the number on the rear is preceeded by "AB" which I'm betting means "air boat"(?). If that's what it is, do you have an idea what it may be worth? (They're asking $350 for it & it is in reasonably good condition for display.) Thanks, again!

Comment

If it's an airboat prop it isn't worth much, even in excellent condition. There seems to be very little interest in them and that's nearly the price of a new one. I would suggest you watch eBay auctions and select one you like there; it may well save you money.

Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MWP_Lamar View Post
          If it's an airboat prop it isn't worth much, even in excellent condition. There seems to be very little interest in them and that's nearly the price of a new one. I would suggest you watch eBay auctions and select one you like there; it may well save you money.

Lamar
          Thanks -- much appreciated! ...will watch eBay as suggested, and I'll stay tuned here to continue the education. Again, thanks much for the info. and super quick response, Lamar.

Comment

You're certainly welcome. That's why we're here.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
            X