Propeller Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller Identification

My wife picked up a wooden aircraft propeller at an antique sale that I struggle to identify ... please help. 6 hole, 70+ inches (appears to have been shaved down a bit), only two sets of markings "PIPER J 230" and "060". The Piper markings are on top of the hub, the 060 is on the flange of the center hole on the inside. Appears to be about 8 laminations.

The correct prop diameter for a Piper J is 69". Are there no decals? Has the prop been refinished thus removing the decals perhaps? This is a very common light aircraft prop. Other than the manufacturer I think that's about all there is to know.

Lamar

Comment

Wooden propeller

Skykingde- I believe you have a Sensenich 69C 23 or 26 pitch as used on a Piper E-2, J-2 or J-3 powered by a Continental A-40 40HP engine. This is one of the earliest wooden propellers designed for aircraft 1932. G. Sensenich, second generation and a former owner of Sensenich Propeller.

Comment

Thanks

No decals or indication there might have been one. I suspect the prop was refinished somewhere along the line. No metal edging or tip material of any kind. The "230" still seems mysterious to me ... but I guess it makes sense that it might be 23 pitch. Thanks for the help, guys.

Comment

Working...
        X