Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lycoming Test Fan

Hi

Can anyone give me details about the attached (NOW minus Barometer) Lycoming Test Fan?

Regards
    Bob
    Attached Files

Looks to me as if it's been cut down from its original length. Can you make out the stamped numbers you show in the photo?

As you probably know, this type of propeller was used for testing aircraft engines on the ground.
    Dave

Comment

Test Fan

Thanks Dave

Some say it is Cut Down, some say they weren't. Any idea of DATE?

Selling it along with the attached, so any info welcome. Will Jot down Details printed on Boss when I go home.

Regards
      Bob
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bobnorth View Post
        Some say it is Cut Down, some say they weren't. Any idea of DATE?
        If the stampings indicate DIAMETER, then if the actual diameter is less than the stamped diameter it's been cut down. It looks as if the stampings may show that, but I can't read them accurately enough to know. If it reads something like [D 3'10" ] or a length followed by a pitch number, then that's what you go by. Also, all of the test clubs I've seen were squared off at the ends rather than tapered as in the photo you've shown.

Often if the numbers are hard to read you have to write them down as accurately as they appear and then infer what they "must have been" based on patterns of stampings on other propellers.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X