prop from Ryan Sc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop from Ryan Sc

I just recently purchased a wooden propeller(Hartzelle) from a Ryan SC. Is there a way to know exactly what plane it was on. It may have been a spare because it is in good shape minus some checking. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

It would be extremely rare to find a specific aircraft that used that propeller. While the aircraft type can often be narrowed down to a specific model, the likelihood of matching it to a certain plane is very, very low. There are no records of serial numbers vs. aircraft using them, so the only way to find a match would be through logbook entries, and even then the serial number or even the propeller exchange may not have been recorded.
    Dave

Comment

Ryan Sc prop

Thanks Dave for the info I did have a SR # 016747 and design # 714 E. Also I paid 100.00 for the propeller is that a fair price. I guess it was something I just had to have once I saw it. Thanks again I will check in time to time, possibly with questions about another wooden propeller Ive purchased.

Comment

If it's in good shape and the only defect is cracking of the varnish, that's a GREAT price.

Don't do anything to "restore" it. See this thread for more info.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X