• Sensenich Prop ID

Hello! Your help is appreciated.
    I recently acquired a 69 inch sensenich prop with the following
    numbers:
    DES 69J
    Serial 11267
    HP 40
    RPM 2575

I gifted this prop to my pilot buddy and he was wondering what year it might be and the type of aircraft it may have been on.

Thanks for any info you may have--This is a great site!

There are 4 aircraft listed here that used that model. There's no way to tell which one, though.

It was produced between 1932 and 1942, after which a letter would have been included in the serial number.
    Dave

Comment

Big time thanks--I see that this info is easily available on this site--I have forwarded the info to the recipient and look forward to
      continuing my education for all things-- propellers. These are works of art..I think.
      Best=Roger

Comment

Originally posted by RJE View Post
        These are works of art..I think.
        I agree. Look what came in the "mail" today via FedEX, courtesy of Bob Gardner's kind holding on to some of them for the past 5 years after I purchased them. I finally bit the bullet and just had Bob ship them to the U.S. from England.

They're all WW1 vintage, and certainly demonstrate some of the variety of designs and construction.

Attached Files
        Dave

Comment

Dave,
          Beauties, all.
          Diversity is one of the attractive elements of these things.
          Thanks again for your direction. Much appreciated
          Roger

Comment

What a group of beauties indeed Dave! Congratulations on adding them to your collection.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
            X