Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

I have just purchased these two propeller blades. I was told they were from a WWII fighter plane from the seller, without any other info. I purchased them for two reasons: 1) the mere sculpture... 2) I can't even fathom the math equation to design these!
    Researching WWII pics the only plane that would remotely come close with interchangable blades like these would be the P-38 Lightning. Does anyone have a clue? Type of wood?, Value? (insurance)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scuba419; 04-16-2010, 04:41 AM.

Do they have any markings on them at all? These are blades to an adjustable prop and were used on both military and civilian aircraft.

Lamar

Comment

RE:Help!

Thanks for the response Lamar. I checked for markings today on them. One has some the other is too far deteriorated. The markings are on the trailing edge just under the wood, printed on the metal base. Forgive me, but they are very faded and deteriorated also. Any number or letter in perentices are questionable to what they truly are. This is what I found respectively:
      (R)CO (B) 9732 AAE DWG NO 42 M (2,3,or 8 ) 717 The 9732 are larger and in bold. I hope this can help.

Eric

Comment

[QUOTE=scuba419;4670]Thanks for the response Lamar. I checked for markings today on them. One has some the other is too far deteriorated. The markings are on the trailing edge just under the wood, printed on the metal base. Forgive me, but they are very faded and deteriorated also. Any number or letter in perentices are questionable to what they truly are. This is what I found respectively:
        (R)CO (B) 9732 AAE DWG NO 42 M (2,3,or 8 ) 717. The 9732 are larger print and in bold type. I hope this can help.

Eric

Comment

Working...
        X