Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller identification & posible selling

Greetings,
    We have 4 propellers all in there original packaging and packaging labels. They are 36" in dia. and are believed to be used for unmanned aerial vehicles or Navy tow drones. Each tip is painted red. The packaging label reads:

PROPELLER (36" Dia. )
    GLOBE CORPORATION, AIRCRAFT DIVISION
    PART NO. 11P22
    ITEM 5 (a)
    QUANTITY CONTAINED: ONE
    NAVY STOCK NO: R87-GCA-11P22
    CONTRACT NO. N383s-14249
    METH. OF PRESERV.: NONE
    DATE: MAY 12, 1949

First we are trying to find out exactly which drone they were used for?
    Second what value they are worth? Third, is anyone interested in buying them? Three have never been removed from ther origanal packaging. One has been opened for viewing the propeller.

We are in the process of taking pictures so to the interested party pictures will be available.

Thank You for your time.

Ronald Neds

There is some interest in UAV props, and you see them on eBay from time to time. I don't know of any good source for identifying them, however.
    Dave

Comment

I have a UAV prop, and it took me from 1987 to just last month to identify it! I had looked over the EAA museum, the Smithsonian, Udvar Hazy, Pima and others, quite a search. Mine is a 24 inch prop though, one of a pair of counter rotating ones. I prize it among my others in my collection. I finally noticed it on a drone engine ad on Barnstormers, quite a trip.

Comment

Working...
      X