Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helice " Levasseur. " (for what eng or a/c ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helice " Levasseur. " (for what eng or a/c ?)

length 102" hub dia 91/2" stamped on hub MS 230 SAL 230 CV 1934 37789 on decal Helice "Levasseur." Brevete S.G. D. G. also stamped on top of prop 10 34 serie 1148 numero 57789 CHC Finally circle with P and L overlaping each other within the circle . Any ideas on what this prop was on?

I don't have that series number (114 listed in Levasseur propellers existing in 1918, so I can't reference it with what I have.

The higher series number and the high serial number (57789) would seem to indicate a later application, possibly 1934(?) which is also stamped on the hub.

Can you post a picture? Also, please check the accuracy of the numbers you listed. It seems strange to have 37789 and 57789 stamped on the same propeller.
    Dave

Comment

Hi,

Markings on your Levasseur are very consistent with Morane Saulnier 230 ("MS 230") which was fitted with a 230 HP Salmson 9Ab (SAL 230, with CV = HP in French).
      First flight in 1929 and more than 1000 built.

You may find one or more small hexagons with one or two letters (BC ?) inside.

On one of the flat sides of the hub, there is probably 3 groups of digits separated by hexagons or by the letter C : it is the date in french way : C day C month C year C on a circle.

Is the propeller black lacquered ?

Can you post some pictures of the markings ?

PM

Comment

Here's a Levasseur decal. I have seen variations of this one, however, but the general layout is similar.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          I don't have that series number (114 listed in Levasseur propellers existing in 1918, so I can't reference it with what I have.

The higher series number and the high serial number (57789) would seem to indicate a later application, possibly 1934(?) which is also stamped on the hub.

Can you post a picture? Also, please check the accuracy of the numbers you listed. It seems strange to have 37789 and 57789 stamped on the same propeller.
          dave thank you for help in iding the lavesseur. pmdec answered with some relevent info. it was 1934 morane saulnier 230 hp salmson 9Ab, painted black i emailed you the other day to tell you that when i clicked on your decal of the helice lavesseur a picture of a propeller did not show up like the other decals did. i will take a photo of my prop and send it to you in case you would like to show it. regards art

Comment

Originally posted by pmdec View Post
            Hi,

Markings on your Levasseur are very consistent with Morane Saulnier 230 ("MS 230") which was fitted with a 230 HP Salmson 9Ab (SAL 230, with CV = HP in French).
            First flight in 1929 and more than 1000 built.

You may find one or more small hexagons with one or two letters (BC ?) inside.

On one of the flat sides of the hub, there is probably 3 groups of digits separated by hexagons or by the letter C : it is the date in french way : C day C month C year C on a circle.

Is the propeller black lacquered ?

Can you post some pictures of the markings ?

PM
            pmdec thanks very much for helping id this lavesseur. as you suggested there is a 1 hex 9 hex 34 yes, it is painted black. i will take pics soon art

Comment

Working...
            X